The Abyss - LEONIART PROJECT II – International Exhibition of Visionary MailArt
Monsenhor enVide neFelibata ( YZONK.com ) [ PORTUGAL ] and Corrado Leoni ( LEONIART ) [ ITALY ] prepared a mutual artistic interchange where traditional mail_art and DigitalMedia dive into a melting pot to create the INEDIT Visionary mail_art.
Corrado Leoni's first contact happened during 2015 with the submission of a digital print of one of his oil paintings, entitled "Amore Perduto", to the second iteration of my very own first mailart open call, "desAmores" [www.desamores.yzonk.com]. Years have passed and he sent another piece for another mailart open call of mine, "Scriptum", regarding artist’s books, visual poetry, assemic writing, and respective derivatives [www.scriptum.yzonk.com].
We kept exchanging emails and soon enough Leoni approached me with the idea of having his LeoniArt Project's second iteration happening in Portugal. It took us a few years to settle up the entire thing with a bunch of emails going both ways, as we were strict and rigorous with the tiniest detail. We also had to postpone it a full year 'cause of 2020's corona issue, so we kept refining this iteration.
I do still remember the first video call we had during 2021 and the weird feeling I had when the voice that I've imagined to his persona was exactly on point. Let us then say that in some sort of way we got to know each other through our art and projects.
Here we are in 2021 finally premiering our collaboration.
Corrado Leoni's professional background gives us a tremendous richness and oddity in his landscape scenarios, and my professional background brings a theatricality and performative interaction. And that's on those accents, that we also share, that we came to bring this iteration raging and commuting similar principles and points of view on the deepness of the human soul and mind that we so call the Abyss.
Upon request, a huge group of artists sent us their own view on the subject and after a selection, we came to have the exhibition that we present to you.
Enjoy as you will, and at the end of the day, it's just a matter of acknowledging what do you take into the abyss and what you carry back with you.
gender » Visionary mail_art
theme » "The Abyss - Hold your breath, deep dive into the abyss of your soul…"
vernissage » October 2nd 2021
exhibition » October 2nd 2021 > November 13th 2021
local » Biblioteca Municipal José Marmelo e Silva | Espinho, PORTUGAL
- CORRADO LEONI
- GENOVA ITALY
- MONSENHOR ENVIDE NEFELIBATA
- PORTO PORTUGAL
- CURATORS | Corrado Leoni & Monsenhor enVide neFelibata
- PRODUCTION | LEONIART & YZONK.com
- CO-PRODUCTION | Teatro e Marionetas de Mandrágora & Escola da Marioneta
- EXECUTIVE PRODUCTION | Clara Ribeiro, Filipa Mesquita
- EDUCATIONAL SERVICE | Serviço Educativo da Divisão de Cultura e Museologia da Câmara Municipal de Espinho
- MUSIC CONTRIBUTION | Gizem Buldan, Can Ilter
- PROMOTIONAL VIDEOS SUPPORT | Daniele Nicoli
- EXHIBITION ART CONSULTANT | Migvel Tepes
- EXHIBITION TECHNICIAN | Hélder Silva, Migvel Tepes
- PUBLISHER | chicoispertoedições
- SUPPORT | Município de Espinho, Biblioteca Municipal José Marmelo Silva
- FINANCIAL SUPPORT | Direção-Geral das Artes & Ministério da Cultura da República Portuguesa
- THANKS | Andrea Magalhães, Armando Bouçon, Rita Betânia, Sandra Vieira
downloadLOGOS - DGARTES E GOVERNO DE PORTUGAL.ZIP 10.2 Mb
LOGOS - ESPINHO.ZIP 3.6 Mb
LOGOS - ESCOLA DA MARIONETA.ZIP 19 Mb
LOGOS - LEONIART.ZIP 98.69 Kb
LOGOS - MAILART.PT.ZIP 1.1 Mb
LOGOS - MONSENHOR.ZIP 37.6 Mb
LOGOS - TEATRO E MARIONETAS DE MANDRÁGORA.ZIP 37.3 Mb
LOGOS - YZONK.COM.ZIP 4.3 Mb
THE ABYSS - DESIGN.ZIP 86.2 Mb
THE ABYSS - FONTS.ZIP 299.96 Kb